Unless otherwise and expressly provided in other particolar dispositions the terms as listed below have in these conditions of purchase, the meaning which is assigned to them in the following definitions:
- WORKING DAYS refers to the days in which our offices are open for the normal activities (generally every day from 9,00 to 13,00 and from 15,00 to 17,30 , except for Saturdays, Sundays and holidays).
- Are considered CASES OF FORCE MAJEURE the events resulting (directly or indirectly) from possible strikes, tights, fires, inundations, substantiated impossibility to obtain products, materials or services, failures, delays from suppliers or couriers, laws or government regulations or any other cause or event beyond our control. The above is given for explanatory purposes only. There are other events that may have a character of force majeure.
In any case the customer will be promptly informed by e-mail communication or telephone notice.
These conditions of purchase have as their object the purchase of typical and additional products conducted at distance by telematic network on the website “www.parente.biz” belonging to Parente Srl headquarted in San Severo (FG), Via San Paolo di Civitate Km 0,800. These purchases are riserved to direct users Customers. Every purchase transaction shall be subject to the provisions of Legislative Decree no. 185 of 22 May 1999 and, as far as the protection of personal data is concerned, to the provisions of Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE ORDER
With the shipment of online order, the Customer transmit to Parente a purchase offer of the product and/or of the products placed in the shopping cart. When the Customer place an online order for the products placed in the shopping cart, accepts to buy them to the price and to the terms set out in the Terms of these conditions of purchase. Parente will send to the Customer a confimation and acceptance e-mail of the order containing the number, the date and the total amount of the order and the delivery methods of the product. If, for any reason, Parente, is not able to process the Customer order (in one of the cases mentioned below), will immediately notice to the Customer by the website or by telephone.
In particular Parente will divert the order:
- if in case purchase of a product present in warehouse but in a lesser extent to the order placed, this is a product no longer in production;
- if the issuer of the Customer’s credit card does not confirm the payment.
Parente reserves the right to refuse the order anyway, even then by communicating it to the Customer.
These general conditions of purchase must be examinated online by the Customers before submitting their orders. Therefore, by forwarding the confirmation of the order, the Client acknowledges and accepts such conditions. The Customer undertakes and obliges, once the online purchase procedure has been completed, to print and store in a safe place the following general sales conditions, previously viewed and accepted during the purchase process, in order to fully meet the condition of articles 3 and 4 of D.Lgs. no. 185/1999.
All prices in this website are including VAT. The prices in this website are the sales prices currently in force.
The payment for goods purchased and relative shipping costs must be made by the customer at the time of the sending of the order by using one of the credit card available and listed online, by Bank Transfer (in this case the order will be processed upon receipt of CRO code or at the moment of the crediting of the sum from the bank) or at the receipt of the goods by cash on delivery.
In case of acceptance of the order it should be noted that:
- Shipments will be carried out the following working day, except for the cases in which is specified that the ordered goods are not present in warehouse, therefore in waiting that they will be product and will be ripristinated the stock in warehouse;
- If the order has been processed in a non-working day, the goods will be send the following working day in every case.
Exceptions may occur in cases of FORCE MAJEURE.
The goods will be delivered by a service of home delivery. Delivery means the delivery of goods to the courier. Delivery times described during the purchase process depend on the shipping method used, on the basis of weight and size of the purchased products. The courier will deliver the goods only with a sign that confirms the receipt of the goods. In the event that the goods, delivered by courier, will not arrive within the time limit set, the Customer should contact Parente to the number indicated in this website. In the event that the goods will be not delivered for inability of the Customer in the reception, the Customer should first contact the courier by the references left by the same courier for the cases of non-receipt of the goods and, in case of this procedure is not possible, please contact our warehouse by the references indicated on www.parente.biz.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR DELAY IN DELIVERY
If the shipping of the goods can’t be effectuated in accordante with the agreed timetables or the courier in charge does not deliver the goods in the agreed delivery timetables, Parente will contact the Customer as soon as possible and, as possible to the needs of the Customer, will try to establish another delivery term.
In the event that it won’t be possible to reach an agreement, Parente will refund to the Customer the full amount paid.
in case of return the Customer must contain on the courier receipt, the quantities and the qualities returned.
As only duty, and if the error did not depend on a fact attributable to Parente the Customer will have to bear the costs of the goods return. The goods must be returned intact and in his original packing, including all its parts and without being harmed. Upon its arrival in warehouse, the goods will be examinated and, in the event of damage or mishandling, the withdrawal cannot be activated. Parente will refund the Customer of the full amount already paid within the legal deadlines. The refund will be made by re-credit of the amount due on credit card used by the Customer for the purchase of the refund object, or on bank or postal account indicated by the Customer. The Customer is responsible for providing Parente as soon as possible with all the eventual informations needed for a correct and prompt refund procedure.
Any complaint must be addressed directly to Parente, that committs to answer to the claims within two working days.
For any dispute the competent court is that of Foggia, separate section of San Severo (FG).
To meet every need,for the payments you may choose the methods that you prefer among these:
The shipment will only happen after the effective credit of the bank transfer on our bank account. To speed up the operation, once the payment is made, send us the purchase order, to confirm the effected purchase , with an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, specifing the CRO Code of the transfer made.
CASH ON DELIVERY
The Cash on delivery to the courier on receipt of goods has an additional cost to the shipping costs. IMPORTANT: We do not accept bank and postal cheques and in case of possible reimbursement you need a current bank or postal account.
Packaging, where not specified, it’s for free.
Below, you can find the price including VAT 21% for every weight category for shipping in Italy.
Up to 5 kg € 8.00
Up to 10 kg € 10.00
Up to 25 kg € 13.00
Up to 50kg € 20.00
PROTECTION OF CONFIDENTIABILITY OF PERSONAL DATA
“Legislative Decree no. 196 dated May 2003”Parente Srl, proclaims that personal data, fournished with the compilation of the file “personal data” or in any other way, are protected in compliance with D.Lgs. 196/03 .
These data remain available to the consumer for verification, modification or cancellation (entering your personal file) and for the exercise of every other right included in artiche 7, 8, 9 D.Lgs. 196/03.
Data are included in a registry customer file at the moment of the first order or of the registration, is assigned an account identification code and a password that must be held for following operations.
With reference to this data, Parente Srl informs that:
The collection and processing of the consumer data are necessary if he wants to place an order of products or to access particolar services (in this case a refuse of the consumer would make impossible the processing of the order or the access to the service), while it’s optional in any other case.
The consumer data will be processed in written form and on electronic, telematic, magnetic storage and on paper form; They will be treated in relation to the contractual requirements, including the deposit, payment and delivery operations of ordered products, to comply obligations imposed by law or disposed by the Authority and, at the express permission, for commercial and promotional purposes and for market research.
Consumer data could be seen by employees of Parente Srl.
Consumer data won’t be diffused or sent to others, except for the recipients necessary or functional for the completion of booking activity of Parente Srl: Banking institutions for managing payments, shippers for the transport, in the place indicated by the consumer, of purchased products, others that furnish activities and services necessary for the execution of the services that the consumer may ask or authorise to Parente Srl.
Consumer data, unless otherwise disposition, will be communicated to the person he decided to send as a gift one or more products purchased by Parente Srl, or to use as its address for the delivery of purchased products.
This communication would be opportune to not ingenerate mistrust in the person who will receive an anonymous package, so in full transparency. The data controller and processor is Parente Srl.
Via San Paolo di Civitate Km 0,800
71016 – San Severo (FG) – Italy
Tel. +39 0882.332498
Right to access to personal data and other rights.
1. The interested party has a right to get the confirmation of the presence of his/her personal data (even if they have not been registered yet) and to receive them, too. 2. The interested party has a right to obtain the indication of:
a) origin of personal data;
b) purpose and modality of the treatment;
c) logic applied in case of processing by electronic means;
d) identity of the owner, the overseer and the designated representative art.5, subparagraph 2;
e) the subjects or subjects category whom tha data may be communicated to or whom may be in knowledge of the data as representatives in the Italian State, responsibles or in charge.
3. The interested party has a right to obtain:
a) The updating, the rectification or, when is of interest to the consumer, the integration of data;
b) the cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed in violation of the law, including those for which conservation is not necessary in relation to the purposes for which the data were collected or subsequently processed;
c) the attestation that the operations referred to in the letters a) and b) have been brought to the attention, also with regard to their content, of those to whom the data have been communicated or disseminated, except in the case where such fulfillment proves to be impossible or involves the use of means manifestly disproportionate with respect to the protected right.
4. the interested party has the right to object, in whole or in part:
a) for legitimate reasons to the processing of personal data concerning him, even if pertinent to the purpose of the collection;
b) to the processing of personal data concerning him for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct sales or for carrying out market research or commercial communication.
Exercise of rights.
1. the rights referred to in article 7 are exercised with an informal request to the owner or responsible, also through a designated person, who is given a suitable response without delay.
2. The rights referred to in Article 7 may not be exercised by request to the data controller or responsible or by an appeal pursuant to Article 145, if the processing of personal data is carried out:
a) according to the provisions of the decree-law 3 May 1991, no. 143, converted, with modifications, by the law 5 July 1991, no. 197, and subsequent amendments, regarding recycling;
b) based on the provisions of the decree-law of 31 December 1991, no. 419, converted, with modifications, by the law 18 February 1992, no. 172, and subsequent amendments, concerning support for victims of extortion requests;
c) by Parliamentary Committees of inquiry established pursuant to Article 82 of the Constitution;
d) by a public entity, different from the economic public bodies, based on the express provision of the law, for exclusive purposes related to monetary and currency policy, to the payment system, to the control of intermediaries and credit and financial markets, as well as to the protection of their stability;
e) pursuant to Article 24, paragraph 1, letter f), limited to the period during which an actual and concrete prejudice could arise for the conduct of defensive investigations or for the exercise of the right in court;
f) by providers of electronic communication services accessible to the public in relation to incoming telephone communications, unless an actual and concrete prejudice for the performance of defensive investigations referred to in the law of 7 December 2000, no. 397;
g) for reasons of justice, at judicial offices of any order and degree or the Superior Council of the Judiciary or other self-governing bodies or the Ministry of Justice; h) pursuant to article 53, without prejudice to the provisions of law 1 April 1981, no. 121.
3. The Guarantor, also on the recommendation of the interested party, in the cases referred to in paragraph 2, letters a), b), d), e) and f), provides in the ways set out in articles 157, 158 and 159 and, in the cases referred to in letters c), g) and h) of the same paragraph, shall proceed in the manner referred to in article 160.
4. The exercise of the rights referred to in article 7, when it does not concern objective data, can take place except where the rectification or integration of personal data of an evaluation nature, relating to judgments, opinions or other appreciations of a type subjective, as well as the indication of conduct to be held or decisions being taken by the data controller.
Modality of exercise.
1. The request addressed to the owner or manager can also be sent by registered letter, fax or e-mail. The Guarantor can identify another suitable system with reference to new technological solutions. When it concerns the exercise of the rights referred to in article 7, paragraphs 1 and 2, the request can also be formulated orally and in this case it is summarized by the person in charge or by the manager.
2. In the exercise of the rights referred to in Article 7, the interested party may grant, in writing, a proxy or proxy to individuals, institutions, associations or organizations. The interested party may also be assisted by a trusted person.
3. The rights referred to in Article 7 referring to personal data concerning deceased persons may be exercised by those with an interest of their own, or acting for the protection of the interested party or for family reasons worthy of protection.
4. The identity of the person concerned is verified on the basis of suitable elements of evaluation, also by means of documents or documents available, or presentation or attachment of a copy of an identity document. The person acting on behalf of the person concerned presents or attaches a copy of the power of attorney, or of the proxy signed in the presence of an appointee or signed and presented together with an unauthenticated photocopy of an identification document of the interested party. If the interested party is a legal person, an institution or an association, the request is made by the natural person entitled on the basis of the respective statutes or regulations.
5. The request referred to in Article 7, paragraphs 1 and 2, is formulated freely and without constraints and may be renewed, subject to the existence of justified reasons, with an interval of no less than ninety days.
If you are not satisfied of the purchase made, you can contact us (within 10 days from goods receipt), indicating your data and the reference of the purcase at the address email@example.com, or calling us to our telephone numbers, specifing for what reason you are not satisfied of what received.
This will allow us to improve the quality and the sevice of our company.
We ask you, also, to pack carefully the product to protect it against possible impacts during the return shipment.
We inform you that shipping costs will be your responsibility.
As soon as we receive the goods we will proceed to replace it, or, on your request, to refund it within 24 hours.